The cabbage soup diet has seen its fair share of naysayers but for those of you who are looking for a quick fix, this is the one for you. The cabbage soup diet will help you lose weight drastically and see similar results to those who follow strict diet and exercise regimens for months. The soup itself is highly recommended as a balanced low-calorie meal chock full of nutrients. The soup has only 20 calories for every 100 grams and provides more than 53% of recommended dietary allowances every day. Not only is the cabbage soup diet great for getting your daily-recommended servings of vitamins and minerals, but the drastic results you see after only 7 days on the plan will motivate most people to stick to a healthy lifestyle on a long-term basis because they’ve seen the difference it can truly make!
- 10 ounces or 4 cups of chopped fresh cabbage
- 6 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 or 4 beans
- 2 celery ribs
- 1/3 rd cup of Koran den jang
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 thinly sliced mushrooms
- Salt and a pinch of sugar for taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil for flavour
- Coriander leaves and a pinch of black and white pepper for garnishing
How to Make the Soup
- Boil the vegetable broth in a large soup container.
- Add all the ingredients into the container and stir well.
- Heat it for fifteen to twenty minutes under low flames.
- Add salt and sugar to taste and let the veggies boil.
- Add sesame oil, peppers and coriander leaves for garnishing. Cabbage soup tastes great when served hot.