Main image by Oatmeal With a Fork
Low carb gluten free pizza sound too good to be true? Not anymore! This recipe for eggplant pizza has all those benefits and is still just as delicious and satisfying as an unhealthy slice of regular pizza. Oh and the best part? It’s ready in under an hour.
If you’re in the mood for a small cheat meal without the repercussions or the effort of making pizza from scratch at home, this recipe is perfect for you!
- 1 large (or 2 medium) eggplants
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the ends off the eggplant(s) and then cut into ¾-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices on the prepared baking sheets and brush both sides of each slice with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the eggplant slices until nearly tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Remove the trays from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons marinara sauce on top of each piece. Top generously with mozzarella and arrange 3 to 5 cherry tomato pieces on top of each.
5. Return the pizzas to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are blistered, 5 to 7 minutes more.
6. Serve the pizzas hot, garnished with basil.Next >